Sunday, June 10, 2007

A New Chapter Begins

It's crazy to think that just yesterday I was months off my mission and as giddy as a school girl to start college. I had no real idea of what I wanted to do and had no idea what BYU would have to offer me. Four and almost a half years later I look back with fondness and appreciation for the opportunities and experiences that took place. I probably wouldn't change a thing about my college experience. I loved it so much. The smell of the brats at Lavell Edwards stadium, a pumped up crowd at the Marriott, last second study sessions at the testing center, late night runs to Wendy's and Betos, concerts at In the Venue, visits to Park City and Sundance, ridiculous late night chats with roommates, some of the craziest, quirkiest, and funniest roommates, and most importantly, time spent with Sarah made the last four years the best of my life.

I feel I had one of the best majors at BYU and an amazing job. I had great professors that became more than just teachers, they were friends. Since I’ve been in New York I’ve had time to reflect about the past years and college life. I’m sad it has to end and I’m sad the carefree days are over. However, a whole new chapter has begun and that brings with it the excitement and fun of marriage and starting a family with a wonderful woman. It’s amazing to reflect and think about what a lucky and blessed person I am.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yo, Dude! I like your blog. That's quite the photo. You look like one of the guys from the country music group Big & Rich. Anyway, love you!
-Jules